Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Drive to Work

Our dear friend, Ellen, had a great idea so I though I would join in on the fun.  Here is my drive to work, in pictures.

After driving down our driveway, I pass the Sunshine school.  Milo and I have already taken our morning walk and hoisted the US flag.  We will lower the flag after I get home.

 

Our destination is down there somewhere, 6 miles down the hill, in Boulder.

 

Sometimes I have to glance off to the west and admire the view.  I never get tired of it.

 

I start down the big hill, a 700 foot drop in about a mile.  It's a bitch in the winter when it is covered in snow and ice.  Fortunately it faces south and the snow melts early.

 

Here's the view looking south from the big hill.  Lots of sunshine and blue skies.  The building is Boulder's water plant.  The stripes in the forest is where the trees have been cleared for the power lines.

 

More of the big hill.  We're about half way down in this picture.  Note all of the traffic I have to put up with.  I drive a little more than 6 miles before I have my first stop sign.

 

We're getting close to Boulder.  You can tell by the cottonwood trees.  I have to start watching out for bicycles.

 

Here's the map store, The Boulder Map Gallery.

 

I walk to the bank every morning.  Here is the path across the street from the store.

 

I get to walk under the main drag, Broadway Road.  We are always watching for Boulder Creek to flood.

 

Here's the bank.  After getting change for the store, I'm off for a days work.

Thanks for coming along for the ride (and walk).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

every one will love this ride:) it sure was hot today

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite David. What a gorgeous ride in you have, and I would never tire of looking at those mountains.
Thanks so much for haivng me here !
Be well
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Of course you realise what a beautiful place  you live in ,Thankyou for sharing it with us ,thankyou also for adding me to your private journal ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm here thanks for having me :) V

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What beautiful country out there!!! Love thoses mountains, we have them here, but your view seems even higher and more spactacular. Thanks for inviting me.
Love  ya,
Liz in VA.

Anonymous said...

That must be the most beautiful place on earth.  You are one lucky man my friend.  It shows that you really do appreciate life at it's fullest.  
My alerts are on for your new journal.  Looking forward to more.   :)

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy the view on my way to work as well... I love the scenery around here, in the piedmont area of NC,... it's not got the beautiful mountain backdrop you see every day, but it's pastoral and peaceful. I've never been to CO, but as I've mentioned to you before, one day my husband and I will take a drive west... and check out those trails you write about here! You sound healthy and happy... and Milo too. Thanks for the invitation to visit your private journal. I love the travel notes. Have a great week! bea


Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine ever getting tired of that view!
Lori